The Eggplant DAI Runner lets you run your pre-configured tests that were created in the Test Configuration tab and view the results of those tests via color coded dots. You can also schedule test runs from the Runner tab and see the tests that are in progress. To access the Runner tab, click Controller on the left menu of the Eggplant DAI interface.
To run a test, from the Runner tab, click the Run button against a test configuration that you want to run. Repeat this step if you need to run more tests.
To stop a test configuration instance that's already in progress, click .
The Runner Interface displays the following information about your test configurations:
- Test Configuration: The names of your test configurations. This column can be sorted alphabetically.
- Model/Suite: The Eggplant DAI model or suite used for the selected test configuration, each indicated by their respective icons to the left - where a building block represents a model and a folder represents suites.
- Schedule Type: The type of schedule for the test configuration. Displays No Schedule if none exists for a given test configuration.
- Scheduled Start: The date and time that a scheduled test run will start for a given configuration. This field is blank if no schedule exists for that test configuration.
- Previous Execution Results: Shows the results of the ten most recent test executions (if applicable) represented via color-coded dots (described below). Hovering on an individual dot shows the status and date/time of the execution. Click to expand to see a snapshot of the results of that execution.
Indicates that the test has failed.
- Last Executed: The date and time of the most recent execution. Displays In Progress if a test execution is ongoing. This column can be sorted chronologically.
See Viewing Execution Results for more information.
In the Previous Execution Results column, click the individual color-coded dots representing Success, Failure, In Progress , Error, Canceled to view the summary of that test execution in an expanded view.
The results show the below information, a donut chart that represents the number of passed, failed, and incomplete runs, along with the Open in Results button:
Click Open in Results to further drill down into the results of the selected test execution. This opens the Results tab showing all the individual test runs for the selected test execution, but you can switch to the default All Runs view by clicking View all results link at the top of the display. Note that the Open in Results button is available for all test results except for the runs that went into Error state.
Scheduling Test Runs
Scheduling test runs adds great flexibility to your test runs, i.e., you can set your tests to run at specific intervals in the frequency you require. You can execute a test configuration with or without a schedule in the Eggplant DAI Runner interface.
Note: If a test execution is initiated (either at a scheduled time or by clicking the Run button) while another test execution for the same test configuration is in progress, then the newly-started test execution will immediately complete with an error.
- You can schedule test runs in one of the two ways:
- In the Runner tab, click the Schedule Type capsule against the test configuration you want to create a schedule for.
- From the Actions menu , select Edit to open the schedule interface. The Edit test schedule calendar interface.
The Edit test schedule calendar interface opens.
- No Schedule: To run tests without a schedule.
- Run once at selected time: To run the test for the specified date and time.
- Run on selected then repeat every: To schedule the test to run periodically. You can customize your test to run at specific Minutes, Hours, Days of the Week, and Days of the Month.