The Eggplant DAI Runner lets you run your pre-configured tests that were created in the Test Configuration tab and view the results of those tests via color coded dots. You can also schedule test runs from the Runner tab and see the tests that are in progress. To access the Runner tab, click Controller on the left menu of the Eggplant DAI interface.
To run a test, from the Runner tab, click the Run button against a test configuration that you want to run. Repeat this step if you need to run more tests.
To stop a test configuration instance that's already in progress, click .
The Runner Interface displays the following information about your test configurations:
- Test Configuration: The names of your test configurations. This column can be sorted alphabetically.
- Model: The Eggplant DAI model used in a test configuration.
- Schedule Type: The type of schedule for the test configuration. Displays No Schedule if none exists for a given test configuration.
- Scheduled Start: The date and time that a scheduled test run will start for a given configuration. This field is blank if no schedule exists for that test configuration.
- Previous Execution Results: Shows the results of the ten most recent test executions (if applicable) represented via color-coded dots (described below). Hovering on an individual dot shows the status and date/time of the execution. Click to expand to see a snapshot of the results of that execution. See Viewing Execution Results for more information.
Indicates that the test has failed.
- Last Executed: The date and time of the most recent execution. Displays In Progress if a test execution is ongoing. This column can be sorted chronologically.
The results show the below information, a donut chart that represents the number of passed, failed, and incomplete runs, along with the Open in Results button:
Click Open in Results to further drill down into the results of the selected test execution. This opens the Results tab showing all the individual test runs for the selected test execution, but you can switch to the default All Runs view by clicking View all results link at the top of the display. Note that the Open in Results button is available only for tests with Pass, In Progress, and Fail results but not for the test results with Error.
Clicking the Error execution dot shows the reason for the error in the expanded view:
Scheduling Test Runs
Scheduling test runs adds great flexibility to your test runs, i.e., you can set your tests to run at specific intervals in the frequency you require. You can execute a test configuration with or without a schedule in the Eggplant DAI Runner interface.
Note: If a test execution is initiated (either at a scheduled time or by clicking the Run button) while another test execution for the same test configuration is in progress, then the newly-started test execution will immediately complete with an error.
Step-by-Step: Scheduling Tests
Follow these steps to schedule a test:
- In the Runner tab, select the test configuration that you want to create a schedule for.
- From the Actions menu , select Edit to open the schedule interface.
The Edit test schedule opens a calendar interface.
- Make the required changes in the calendar interface, e.g., choose a specific date and time for the test to execute and frequency by selecting from the following options:
- Run once: Lets you run the test immediately for the specified date and time.
- Run every: Lets you schedule the test to run periodically. You can customize your test to run at specific Minute, Hour, Day of the Week, and Day of the Month.
To disable an existing schedule, select the Disable checkbox from the top of the calendar interface.
To discard your changes, click Cancel.