Using Script Based Test Configuration
Alongside model execution, Eggplant DAI also lets you run Sensetalk scripts that can be scheduled much like any other test execution. This is especially useful when you want to use your scripts against more than one system under test (SUT) or when reviewing results of your project that may have both scripts and models in one location.
Creating Script Based Execution
Step-by-Step: Create Script Based Execution
In order to create a script based execution, follow these steps.
- In the Eggplant DAI UI, click the Controller > Test Config tab to navigate to the Test Configuration page.
- Click the Add new + button on the top right. The Create New Test Configuration pane opens.
- Enter the Name and Description for the test configuration as you want them to appear in the Test Config tab.
- (Optional) Add Tags by entering a name for the test configuration tag and pressing Enter. You can add as many tags as you need.
- Specify SUT selection for the test to run on by selecting one of the following options:
- SUT by Name from the drop-down list
- SUT to use by defining one or more SUT criteria in the drop-down list. All the SUTs that are defined on the SUTs tab are available in the drop-down list. The SUT criteria field is similar to Tags, i.e., if you enter a criteria and press Enter, relevant values are populated.
- Connect a suite by starting an Eggplant DAI Agent in Design mode. See Connecting an Eggplant Studio Suite for more information.
- Download any suites you wish to edit in Eggplant DAI.