Installing Eggplant DAI on Windows
- Operating system: Windows Server 2019, 2016 (recommended for production use), Windows 10
- RAM: 8 GB minimum
- Disk Space: 4 GB minimum
- Processor: 64-bit Intel 2.3 GHz or equivalent (4+ cores or 8+ threads recommended)
- 8000 or the next available port if port 8000 is in use (HTTP Access)
- Google Chrome 80 and later
- Mozilla Firefox 72 and later
- Safari 13 and later
Important: If you're trying to install Eggplant DAI on a machine that has Eggplant AI 3.1 installed, you'll be prompted to uninstall Eggplant AI first. Make sure to uninstall Eggplant AI from Windows Control Panel > Add or remove Programs.
It's recommended to back up your Eggplant AI data before uninstalling Eggplant AI, especially if you want to migrate data across to Eggplant DAI by using the existing location as specified in step 4.
Tip: You can install Eggplant DAI 4.2 without uninstalling Eggplant DAI 4.1/4.0.1.
Installing Eggplant DAI
To perform a fresh installation of Eggplant DAI 4.2, follow these steps:
- Download the Eggplant DAI installation file from the Eggplant DAI Downloads page.
- Double-click the downloaded installation file to launch the Setup wizard. Click Next to begin installing Eggplant DAI. You may be prompted to uninstall Eggplant AI if you haven't uninstalled it previously.
- On the Installation Directory screen, use the default installation directory (C:\Program Files\ Digital Automation Intelligence) or the file browser to select the desired installation directory. Click Next to continue your installation.
- On the Advanced installer Options screen, select Run Advanced Install Configuration checkbox if you want to enable the option to specify ports, change the PostgreSQL data location, or specify Suite Data Directory and click Next to continue. Alternatively, leave this checkbox unselected to install Eggplant DAI as specified in step 8.
- On the PostgresSQL Data Directory screen, you might need to enter a path for the current installation of Eggplant DAI. Use the following information to decide whether this step is necessary for your installation:
- If you're happy with the default path, then leave this field as-is.
- lf you want to use a different directory, then add the path for the current application data (<install directory>/pgsql/data) by clicking the Choose Directory field.
- If you want to configure the installer to use the Postgres data directory that was left behind after uninstalling Eggplant AI 3.1, then add the path of the previous installation folder (e.g., C:\eggplantAI\pgsql) by clicking the Choose Directory field.
- Click Next to continue to the next screen. When prompted, set the default HTTP port as follows:
Note: If you’re upgrading from Eggplant DAI 4.1/4.0.1, this screen will not be available.
- If port 8000 is available, the installation suggests using port 8000. Click Next to continue.
- If port 8000 is not available, you can enter the HTTP port you want to use.
Note: If you’re upgrading from Eggplant DAI 4.1/4.0.1, this screen will not be shown.
See Licensing AI to open Eggplant DAI and manage your Eggplant DAI licenses.
Although Eggplant DAI assigns port 8000 by default during installation, you can specify a different port later:
- Open C:\ProgramData\Eggplant\Digital Automation Intelligence\settings.ini.Important: The C:\ProgramData folder might not be initially visible, as it is hidden by default.
- Find the [settings] section and update the line server_port=8000 to include the port you want to use.
- Save your work.
- Restart the Digital Automation Intelligence Windows service.
Note: Any port changes made here should also be reflected in the Agent Server address section in your execution environment.
Upgrading from Eggplant DAI 4.1/4.0.1 to Eggplant DAI 4.2 on Windows
The upgrade steps for Eggplant DAI 4.2 are similar to installing Eggplant DAI 4.1 except you'll be presented with fewer screens. Note that you must uninstall the previous agent and install a new agent from Eggplant DAI 4.2 to use the new features.
Upgrading from Eggplant AI 3.1 to Eggplant DAI 4.2 on Windows
If you're upgrading from Eggplant AI 3.1, then follow these steps after installing Eggplant DAI 4.2:
- Locate the Digital Automation Intelligence service in the Windows Services panel and stop it.
- Copy over all the Postgres data files and folders from your original location (e.g., C:\eggplantAI\pgsql\data) to the Eggplant DAI location (e.g.,C:\ProgramData\Eggplant\Digital Automation Intelligence\data).
- The C:\ProgramData folder might not initially be visible because it is a hidden folder by default.
- Copy all files and subfolders. When prompted, overwrite the existing files in the destination.
- From the Windows Services panel, start the Digital Automation Suite service.
Note: To configure the Eggplant DAI installer to use the Postgres data directory that was left behind after uninstalling Eggplant AI 3.1, choose C:\eggplantAI\pgsql when installing Eggplant DAI 4.2.
Use the following instructions for uninstalling Eggplant DAI.
- Locate and run the Eggplant DAI uninstall program by choosing Start > All Programs > Uninstall Eggplant DAI.
- Click Yes when prompted to uninstall Eggplant DAI and all its components.
- Click OK after the removal process is done.
Uninstalling Eggplant DAI does leave some folders intact. Note that the data that's left behind after you uninstall Eggplant DAI contains user account information, user models, and execution data. Only remove these files and folders if they are no longer required. Assuming you installed Eggplant DAI in the C:/Program Files/ DAI directory, the following folders remain if you need to retain any files:
Eggplant AI data directory files: C:\ProgramData\Eggplant\Digital Automation Intelligence\data
Server and Eggplant DAI log files:C:\ProgramData\Eggplant\Digital Automation Intelligence\logs
If you decide that you want to do a complete Eggplant DAI removal after following the above steps to uninstall Eggplant DAI, delete the following directory or folder:
C:\Program Files\Digital Automation Intelligence
Initial Login and Licensing
When Eggplant DAI is installed and running, you access the application in a browser. On your initial login, you must create an administrator account and enter your license key. Follow these steps to complete your initial login:
- Launch your browser from any computer that has access to the Eggplant DAI server and enter the appropriate URL:
Note: To obtain the IP address of the Eggplant DAI server, see your local IT administrator. Distribute the URLs from this step to all users requiring access to this Eggplant DAI application.
- To display the login prompt from the computer on which the Eggplant DAI server is running, enter http://localhost:8000
- To display the login prompt from a remote computer, enter http://<serverIPaddress>:8000 where <serverIPaddress> is the Eggplant DAI server's IP address or fully qualified domain name
- Eggplant DAI prompts you to set up an administrator account. Enter an email address (username) and password for the account.
- Enter a license key. You can generate this in the Greenhouse Licensing Web Portal.
- Click OK.
Enter your initial admin credentials and license key for Eggplant DAI
After you've configured the administrator account, you can use it to set roles for other users requesting access. See Approving New Users for more information.
After your account is created, a new Login dialog box appears prompting you to log in to Eggplant AI. After you've entered your valid credentials, the Models tab appears.
As an Eggplant customer, you have access to the Greenhouse licensing web portal, where you can review and create available license keys as well as download generated licenses for your account.
You can also use this portal to submit questions to support and view information about any support cases.
You should receive your initial Greenhouse login information from your account manager. If you don't have a password, you'll need to contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need an Eggplant DAI license, contact your account manager or Eggplant Support.
- When installing Eggplant DAI on a Windows machine, why do I get the following error message?
Uninstall Eggplant AI via Windows Control Panel > Add or remove Programs.
If that doesn't work, you need to delete the Eggplant AI (e.g., Eggplant AI 3.1 folder) registry key, which is found here:
Restart your computer and install Eggplant DAI.
- Where can I find the Eggplant DAI log files?
The log files for Eggplant DAI 4.x are located in the following path:
Windows: C:\ProgramData\Eggplant\Digital Automation Intelligence\logs
DAI Agent Log files:
- When upgrading, I see the below error. How do I progress with it?
It seems like the upgrade process didn't stop the DAI service. You must manually stop it in the Windows Services panel and restart your computer to progress with the upgrade.