Getting Started with Eggplant Monitoring Insights
Eggplant Monitoring Insights is a Synthetic Monitoring tool. It lets you monitor key user journeys that mirror the exact behavior of your customers, API endpoints, web services as well as run periodical checks for your site’s availability. It also captures rich granular data underlying each synthetic monitor and presents it in a highly customized way for efficient diagnosis of issues related to any test.
Eggplant Monitoring Insights uses a highly reliable testing methodology that ensures that you only receive alerts for real errors, thus minimizing the probability of false alerts. In addition, it offers the following features:
- Real browser testing using Google Chrome.
- Native Apple and Android Mobile apps with push notifications, status dashboard and functionality to run manual tests.
- Monitoring of the customer site from client side (user's perspective) and detection of any issues or errors.
- Flexible user journey scripting including dynamic parametrization of variables, retry logic, dynamic date selection, item selection from list and so on.
- Ability to monitor FTP server, APIs, Email Server.
- Ability to emulate mobile device screen resolution, throttle upload, download speed, and network latency.
After a user journey reaches the transaction stage and a confirmation email is sent by the website-under-test, the Message Monitor checks for the unique reference (i.e., Order reference number) and arrival of the email, and shows the time taken to reach the e-mail server.
Inbound SMS / Inbound Email
The SMS / Email delivery option lets you monitor the user journeys with two factor authentication using SMS and Emails.
Reporting and Alerting
The fully customizable Alerting and Webhooks feature in Monitoring Insights lets you filter based on Monitors, Result Codes, and Schedules. In addition, it supports:
- Email Alerts based on three escalation levels.
- Alerts the user when issues with network condition such as DNS, TCP, or SSL are detected.
- Email alerts include the failure screenshot and that for last successful attempt for comparison.
- Deferral preference to delay Webhooks for certain number of consecutive failed tests.
- Intelligent retest logic to check for possible carrier issues and remove any false positive alerts.
- Access to the UX timing and CPU metrics including two out of three Google core web vitals: CLS and LCP.
- Access to Java script console messages.
- Error codes support:
- Any warning or error console message generates the RC=118 warning result.
- Issues with client-side interactions such as Element not visible or available generate the RC=119 error result.
- Ability to view the Availability and Error reports from the mobile app.
Operational Service Delivery
- 24/7 Service Delivery team support across UK and US working hours.
- Support engineers maintain complex scripting.
- Script Code is written in Selenium Ruby with custom DSLs and easy to understand language using Portal and API.
- Ability to support troubleshooting issues and errors using the monitoring results.
- Conduct periodic health checks, performance reviews, and audits as part of the managed services.