The Team License Server (TLS) can be run as a service on Windows.
Before Running the TLS as a Service
If you have just installed the TLS on your machine, or if you have used it previously and are now setting it up to run as a service, make sure to quit the process. The TLS cannot be run as a service if it is already running.
Step by Step: Running the TLS as a Service
To run the Team License Server as a service on Windows, follow the instructions below.
- Run the "InstallTeamLicenseService" batch file found in one of the following locations:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Eggplant\InstallTeamLicenseService.bat
- C:\Program Files\Eggplant\InstallTeamLicenseService.bat
- A command prompt window will appear as the batch file runs. You do not need to interact with it; let it run and press any key to continue when prompted at the end.
- You can now go into the Services list and see that the Team License Server is listed. You can either manually start the process or re-start your system to get the Team License Server process running as a Windows service.