Eggplant Functional 20 Release Notes
The notes below provide descriptions of the new features and changes introduced with each release of Eggplant Functional. You are strongly encouraged to read about the relevant changes whenever you upgrade from an earlier version.
Potential compatibility issues are highlighted in RED.
Mac: macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.12. OS X 10.11
Windows: 64-bit distributions only. Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008
Linux: 64-bit distributions only. Ubuntu 16. Red Hat 6, 7. CentOS 6, 7.
Note: The optical character recognition (OCR) engine was updated in Eggplant Functional 20.0. This change might require you to make changes to existing tests that use OCR.
Note: Eggplant Functional will no longer include Android Debug Bridge (ADB) beginning in 2020. Users who test Android devices will need to use Android Gateway going forward.
Note: Eggplant Functional no longer supports Ubuntu 12 or Ubuntu 14 from the release of Eggplant Functional 19.1.
Note: Eggplant Functional will no longer support CentOS 6 beginning in 2020.
Note: A bug exists in the MySQL Connector for ODBC 8.0 on Windows 10 systems that causes Eggplant Functional to crash when connecting to an ODBC database. The crash typically occurs when connecting for the second time. See the MySQL forums here for any updates on the status of this issue from MySQL. The only known workaround is to use the older version 5.3 connector instead.
Release 20.0.0 (11 December 2019)
- Adds new optical character recognition (OCR) tuning interfaces to help determine the appropriate settings to use for reading text and searching for text.
- Upgrades the OCR engine.
- Improves management of user-defined OCR text styles.
- Adds several new timeZone tokens that can be used in date/time formats: [long timeZone], [short timeZone], [long timeZoneName], [short timeZoneName], [abbreviated timeZoneName], [timeZone City], [timeZoneID], [long timeZoneID], [short timeZoneID], [timeZoneISO], [long timeZoneISO], [short timeZoneISO].
- Fixes various date/time formatting issues:
- Changes the local time, long local time, and long dateItems time formats to use the new [timeZoneID] token instead of [timeZoneName] for displaying the time zone. This will display the time zone using the more universallyrecognized IANA identifier.
- Fixes date recognition to be more lenient about how it interprets a date string using a given format, including being more flexible about spaces between elements and before and after a date string. The iso8601 format recognizes a wider range of date/time strings.
- Fixes recognition of dates that don’t include the year (i.e., "March 16") to assume the current year.
- Fixes a bug with the dayOfCommonEra function.
- Fixes intermittent crashes that occurred when connecting to and disconnecting from RDP SUTs.
- Fixes problems connecting to Eggplant Automation Cloud RDP SUTs.
- Fixes some RDP clipboard problems.
- The Text Image Generator (TIG) interface has been removed, but the underlying code remains for any users still relying on that functionality.