Android Gateway 6 Release Notes
The notes below provide descriptions of the new features and changes introduced with each release of Android Gateway. You are strongly encouraged to read about the relevant changes whenever you upgrade from an earlier version. Potential compatibility issues are highlighted in RED.
You can get the latest version of Android Gateway from the Eggplant downloads page.
Operating systems: Windows 10. macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13.
Android versions: 5.0 and later. Minimum API version 21.
Supported browsers: Recent versions of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge
Note: Testing Android versions older than 5.0 requires Android Gateway 5.6 or earlier.
6.0.1 (4 February 2020)
- Adds Catalina notarization.
- Adds new version update notification.
6.0 (7 January 2020)
- Windows 7 and macOS 10.12 are no longer supported.
- Completely new UI that's consistent with DAI 4.0.
- The UI is no longer required to be visible at all times, and can be opened from a system tray or status bar icon.
- Adds support for command line executions.
- Streamlines the application for ease of use.
- Improves overall stability.
- Improves readability of log files.
- Adds more information to log files.
- Users no longer need to change WebDriver port numbers to avoid conflicts when using multiple Android Gateway instances.
- The UI now shows accurate updates based on the statuses of devices.