VNC server installation varies from system to system. This is a checklist for general VNC configuration on a desktop SUT:
- Install a standard VNC server (up to RFB protocol 3.8.)
- Verify that your network security will allow the SUT to receive connections from Eggplant Functional on one of the VNC ports: 5900-5909.
- If the VNC server requires that clients have a user account on the SUT, create an account that the Eggplant Functional users can log in to.
- Make a note of the following information to enter in the Eggplant Functional Connection List:
- The SUT’s IP address or host name
- The SUT’s VNC port number
- The name and password of a user account on the SUT, if the VNC server requires it
- The VNC server password (if there is no user-account password)
There are many options for VNC servers. We recommend these:
|Mac||Built-in Screen Sharing|
|Linux||Built-in VNC (if there is one), otherwise TightVNC|
|Android||See Getting Started with Android Gateway|
|iOS||See Getting Started with iOS Gateway|
|Other mobile platforms||Contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org|