The Results List and Run Date List
Every script and table that you test is recorded in the Results list in the Suite window's left sidebar. When you click an item in the Results list, the dates and times when that script or table was tested show in the Run Date list in the main pane of the window.
The Run Date list is color-coded to denote test results:
- Green: Success
- Red: Failure (for tables, if any row fails, the result shows as Failure)
- Black: Aborted or Interrupted
For each run date, the list displays the duration of the test, number of successes, number of errors, number of warnings, and number of exceptions that occurred in the run. (For more information, see The ScriptLogging global property.)
Each run of a test also produces a log, which contains a line-by-line record of that test run. Click the arrow in the Log column to open the log for a given test run. Note that you might need to expand the pane to see the Log column.
Running in Usability Mode creates an additional .json log file for each test run. Click the arrow in the Usability column to view this log file. You might need to expand the pane to see the Usability column.
The Delete Log button deletes the selected script or table logs. This action requires confirmation.
Mark As Prior Run
The Mark As Prior Run button lets you choose any of the run dates to serve as the "prior run" when using the Prior Location diagnostic in the Image Update panel. Only one run date at a time can be chosen as the prior run. If no prior run is selected, the Prior Location diagnostic uses the most recently completed successful run.
Statistics Area and Image Well
The Statistics area shows statistics related to the script or table selected in the Results list. In addition to the date and time the test was first run and last modified, you can see the total number of times it has been run, including number and percents of successes and failures.
You can click the Reset Stats button if you want to clear all the run statistics for the current script or table.
Below the Statistics is an image well. When you select a script step in the Log Area (described below) that includes an image, that image appears in the image well. If the image is part of an image collection, the number of images in the collection appears in the top right corner of the image well.
The Log Area
When you select an item in the Run Date list, the Log Area at the bottom of the Suite window shows the detailed log for that run. The log shows each step that executed an Eggplant Functional command or function.
When you view log results for table runs, you'll still see a line for each step, but note that when you call a script as a table action, that script can perform many steps; each step in the script appears as a line in the log of the table run.
You can double-click any step to open the Script Editor tab with that step highlighted. For each numbered line, the Log Area provides the following information:
- Step: The step number of the given action in the script.
- Time: The Time column shows the local system time when each step occurred. Times are recorded to the nearest thousandth of a second. Note that you might have to widen the column to see fractional seconds.
- Message: The Message column displays the name of the function or command that was executed. (In SenseTalk, command and function calls are referred to as messages.)
- If an error occurred in the line, Exception is displayed. If the exception wasn't caught, the following lines display EndTestCase and Failure.
- Image: The Image column displays the name of any image used by the command or function in that step.
- Resource Link: When the Image column displays the name of an image, the Resource Link column—the narrow, unlabeled column to the right of the Image column—contains a link that opens the image's tab in the Image Viewer.Note: If the image is the result of a CaptureScreen command, the image opens in your default image viewing application.
- Text: The Text column displays additional information, such as the coordinates where images were found and descriptions of errors encountered.
Action Drop-Down List
The Action drop-down list above the Log Area contains several actions that you can perform on the selected log entry in the Log Area:
- Show Script Line: Opens the Script Editor and highlights the line of the script associated with the selected log entry.
- Show Image: Switches to the Image Viewer tab for the image associated with the selected log entry.
- Apply Fix: For log entries that were generated by the Image Update panel, this action permanently applies an Image Update panel fix to the selected image.
- Copy Info: Enabled if Auto Update is triggered for optical character recognition (OCR). Use this option to copy out the OCR parameters that were successful so you can paste them into your script.
- Show Screen Differences: Opens the Compare Screen panel if a CompareScreen command has logged an error or warning for the script run. See Using Compare Screen in Eggplant Functional for UI Testing for information about this feature.
Searching for Log Entries
To search for log entries, type a search term (such as a command or image name) in the Search field above the Log Area. To set a search filter, click the magnifying glass beside the Search field, and choose All Entries, Interesting Entries, Errors & Warnings, Usability, or Non-Usability from the drop-down list. (Interesting Entries include: warnings, errors, exceptions, log commands, start, and end.)