Generate Script from Trace Wizard
You can generate a custom virtual user script from a TCP or UDP recording using the Generate Script from Trace wizard.
Open eggPlant Performance Studio and display the Project tree.
- Right-click the Recordings folder and select the TCP or UDP recording from which you want to generate the script and then click Generate script(s), OR with a recording selected in the Project tree, click Generate script(s) on the recording view. The Generate Script from Trace wizard opens to the Choose a protocol panel.
- Choose the protocol of the trace and click Next. The Which conversation should be included in the script panel opens.
- Select the conversation for which you want to generate the script and click Next. The Next button becomes available when you select a conversation. The Which endpoint should the script behave as? panel opens. You can specify which peer the script behaves as in each conversation. Endpoint A is selected (highlighted) in the sample panel below.
- Select the endpoint you want the script to behave as for each conversation and click Next. If you are creating a script for a TCP recording, the Set TCP Script generation options panel opens. You have two options here:
- Verify the initial bytes of received data.
- Match a unique patter of bytes to signal the end of a received data sequence.