Below are answers to some common questions about parameterization in Eggplant Performance.
- Can I assign a file of user logins to all of my Virtual User Groups within a test so that every virtual user has a unique logon?
- Yes. Add the data table to the test and select the option Create a binding to multiple virtual user groups. On the Data table options page, clear Each row in the table can be used by more than one virtual user to ensure unique logins.
- How can I ensure that each virtual user within a Virtual User Group is automatically supplied with a new row of data for each iteration?
- Create a data table and populate it with the appropriate data. Then add the data table to the test and select Create a binding to a single virtual user group. On the Allocate rows page, choose a number of rows for each virtual user, or select Allow each virtual user to access all rows. By default, the virtual user will receive a new row of data from the file at the beginning of each iteration. On the Row selection page, the Reuse rows if number of iterations is greater than number of rows option can be cleared to make sure the data is unique every time.
- Is it possible to control moving through a Data Table so that I can access multiple rows of data within a single iteration?
- Add the data table to the test, and then on the Row selection page of the Create a data binding wizard, click Advanced options. On the Advanced data binding options dialog is an option called Row advancement, which can be set to Advance to the next row only when requested to by a script. See the section on named Data Tables.