- Click the Stop Server button to stop the SDS service.
- Click the Start Server button to start the SDS service.
Note that the selection changes depending on if the SDS server is running or stopped.
To configure a test to start the SDS service before the Test Controller starts a test, select a project from the Tests folder in the Project tree, then click the Shared Data Server button and set the Start the Shared Data Server at the beginning of the test checkbox as show below.
Virtual users (VUs) open connections to the shared data server in order to read and write data. There might be occasions when you want to close current open connections from the console:
- some VUs are waiting to read from the shared data server with timeouts set to -1 (wait forever) but no more data is, or will become, available.
- the test has ended but due to an unknown error condition some connections have remained open.
- closing the current connections can act as a pause on data update, thus allowing time to study the data or save it to file.
To close any current connections to the shared data server click the Close Connections button.
Closing current connections will cause a virtual user attempting to read/write on its connection to throw an exception. The use of try/catch blocks within virtual user scripts can be used to overcome this problem.
Changing the Shared Data Server Port
To change the port that on which the shared data server listens for connections:
- Stop the server.
- Adjust the TCP Port number using the selection box.
- Start the server.
Refreshing the Shared Data Server Console
Updates to data in the console's display can be managed with the following options.
Auto refresh: If checked, the data in the console will update every time there is a change to the shared data server. This might not be appropriate when there are rapid updates to the shared data server.
Refresh: If Auto refresh is unchecked then clicking this button will force an update to the data displayed in the console.
Clearing All Data
All data within the shared data server can be removed by clicking the Clear All button.