The Windows injector software is installed with Eggplant Performance by default. But you can also install the Windows injector separately on a remote machine using the injector-only .msi file available for download. Instructions for installing the injector separately are provided below. For information about how injectors work, including information about the localhost injector installed with Eggplant Performance, see Managing Injectors.
For performance tests that use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) with Citrix virtual users (VUs), you must install an additional package on each injector machine: the Eggplant Performance OCR engine. You should install this component alongside the Windows injector (or alongside Eggplant Performance for the localhost injector).
If you want to install injectors separately on additional Windows systems without the full of Eggplant Performance product, follow the instructions below. The instructions are divided into the following tasks:
- Install the injector
- Run the injector
- Install the injector service
- Configure the injector service port
- Verify that the machine on which you want to install the injector meets the system requirements as described in Injector Installation.
- Download the latest Eggplant Performance Injector (Windows) installer from the Eggplant website.
- Execute the installer.
Start the injector-only installation by running the runInjector.bat batch file, which, in the default installation location, is located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\eggPlant Performance\bin\ or in C:\Program Files (x86)\eggPlant Performance Injector\bin\.
The injector listens on port 39000 by default. To change this, pass the desired port number as a parameter to the batch file on the command line as shown in the sample screen below. If you change the port, you must also set the corresponding Injector port within the Injector definition on the Controller.
For convenience, you may want to install and run the injector as a Windows service. Running the injector as a service allows you to manage the injector process remotely (providing you have sufficient permissions). You can also set the injector to Automatic so that it restarts any time the machine reboots.
To install the injector as a Windows service, run the following batch file (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\eggPlant Performance Injector\bin\ in the default installation location) as Administrator:
This batch file creates a Windows service called Eggplant Performance Injector Service.
After you install the injector service, we recommend changing the Startup type from Manual to Automatic as follows:
- In Control Panel, open Administrative tools, and then open Services.
- Locate the service named Eggplant Performance Injector Service, right-click it, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, select Automatic from the drop-down list for the Startup type.
- Change the user account you use to log on for the service, if necessary on the Log On tab. The Local System account often does not have the necessary permissions to start the service.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Injectors listen on port 39000 by default. However, you can configure the injector service to listen on a different port by adding a line of code to the installInjectorService.bat file before you run it.
In the Startup configuration section of he .bat file, add the following line of code:
Where <port_number> is the port on which you want the injector to listen. With this code, the port changes from 39000 to what is specified here. The Startup configuration section should look like this:
REM Startup configuration
To uninstall the injector service, run the following batch file as Administrator, located in C:\Program Files (x86)\eggPlant Performance Injector\bin\ in the default installation location: uninstallInjectorService.bat