Analyzer is the Eggplant Performance application that processes raw test run results data to produce statistical reports and graphical charts. Analyzer runs on Windows operating systems only. You can install it with the other Eggplant Performance applications (Studio, Injector, and Test Controller) on your Controller machine. Or, you can run Analyzer separately on a different Windows machine.
Instructions for installing Analyzer are provided below. For information about using Analyzer, see Getting Started with Eggplant Performance Analyzer.
For information about installing Eggplant Performance Studio, Injector, and Test Controller, see Installing and Licensing Eggplant Performance.
Step by Step: Installing Eggplant Performance Analyzer
Below are step-by-step instructions for installing Eggplant Performance Analyzer.
- Download the latest Analyzer installer (eggPlantPerformanceAnalyzer<version>.exe) from the Eggplant website.
- On the Windows machine where you want to install Analyzer, log in as a user with local administrator privileges run the installer.
- Proceed through the installer providing the information you want, including the database information as described in Analyzer Database below.
Eggplant Performance applications are regularly updated, so periodically check the Eggplant Performance Downloads page of our website for new releases and for details of new features.
The Analyzer software includes an analysis database. During installation, you can specify the location where you want to install the database, which can be in a different directory from where you install the rest of Analyzer. The Analyzer installation location and database installation location default to different directories.
In addition to the location, the installation prompts you to create a username and password for the database. So, be prepared to provide them.
Finally, the installation prompts you for the port you want the database to listen on, and provides a default value you can use if you want.
The Database from Previous Installations
If Eggplant Performance Analyzer has been installed on this machine before, the database from the previous installation might still exist. If it does, it contains the tests from the previous installation.
Keeping or Overwriting an Existing Database
During installation, when the Database location page appears, look at the location of the analysis database. If it points to the existing analysis database:
- Click Next to display The Database location already exists page.
- Click Yes to keep your existing database, or No to overwrite it with an empty database.
The password used for previous installations is stored in the analyzerSettings.ini file. Under certain circumstances, you will need to reenter the password. If you:
- Keep the existing database but the analyzerSettings.ini file is missing.
- Delete the existing database by overwriting it.
If you keep the analysis database from a previous installation, and it was created with an older version of the Postgres server, you'll be prompted to upgrade it during installation.
- Versions earlier than Eggplant Performance Analyzer 7.1.0 used Postgres 9.4.
- Eggplant Performance Analyzer 7.1.0 to 9.2.1 used Postgres 9.6.
- Eggplant Performance Analyzer 9.3.0 onward uses Postgres 13.4.
- When the Question - Database upgrade required page appears, click Yes to accept the upgrade or No to exit the installation.
- If you choose to upgrade, on the Question - Perform database backup page, click Yes to create a backup copy of the contents of the existing database folder.
When the backup is complete, the installation continues showing upgrade updates on a progress bar.