Eggplant Functional 21 Release Notes
The notes below provide descriptions of the new features and changes introduced with each release of Eggplant Functional. You are strongly encouraged to read about the relevant changes whenever you upgrade from an earlier version.
Potential compatibility issues are highlighted in RED.
Mac: macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.12.
Windows: 64-bit distributions only. Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008.
Linux: 64-bit distributions only. Ubuntu 16. Red Hat 7. CentOS 7.
Ports: TCP 5052-5054. For SUTs: RDP: 3389. VNC: 5900. WebDriver: 4444.
- Eggplant Functional will no longer support Windows 7 starting in 2021.
- Red Hat 6 or CentOS 6 are no longer supported.
- The optical character recognition (OCR) engine was updated in Eggplant Functional 20.0. This change might require you to make changes to existing tests that use OCR.
- A bug exists in the MySQL Connector for ODBC 8.0 on Windows 10 systems that causes Eggplant Functional to crash when connecting to an ODBC database. The crash typically occurs when connecting for the second time. See the MySQL forums here for any updates on the status of this issue from MySQL. The only known workaround is to use the older version 5.3 connector instead.
- Direct connections to Android devices using ADB from Eggplant Functional are no longer supported as of 20.1. Instead, use the Android Gateway.
- Scheduler functionality will be removed in a future release of Eggplant Functional, as this functionality will be available as part of Eggplant DAI.
21.0.0 (28 Oct 2020)
- Adds automatic self-healing of test assets.
- Adds a new image update remedy based on Object / DOM Data. Note that this remedy currently works for mobile WebDriver SUTs only.
- Adds support for authoring in the DAI Eggplant Cloud from Studio.
- SenseTalk now allows Named Parameters and Default Parameter Values.
- Fixes support for FIPS-compliant libraries on Linux.
- Now correctly encodes tags in XML result output.
- Fixes an issue where SenseTalk didn't properly handle division operations in certain cases involving fractional units.
- Addresses a crash that sometimes happened when connecting to or disconnecting from WebDriver connections.
- Numerous stability fixes and performance improvements.