A virtual user (VU) group executes either a single script or workflow in Eggplant Performance. Tests may contain multiple VU groups, thus enabling simultaneous execution of many different scripts and workflows within a single test.
Each VU group possesses many properties and runtime settings, that describe how its VUs operate during test execution. VU group properties include:
- The script, or workflow, to execute.
- The number of VUs.
- The number of injectors to use and the distribution of VUs across injectors.
- The transaction rates and speed of playback.
- The number of iterations.
- The group specific data sources available and how they should be accessed.
Virtual User Group Properties
To access virtual user (VU) group properties:
- Select the test in the tree view containing the VU group you want to edit. The selected test will be displayed in the right-pane.
- Double-click a VU group in the Manage Virtual User Groups table, or right-click a VU group and select Edit from the context menu. Alternatively, select the VU group in the table and click the Edit VU Group toolbar icon in the top right-hand corner of the table. The Group Specification dialog is displayed.
The properties of a VU group are explained in the following topics: