Using Eggplant Cloud SUT Execution
From version 5.0.0, DAI Eggplant Cloud includes the DAI Agent, Fusion Engine (previously known as Eggplant Functional) and a Linux-based system under test (SUT), saving you from having to install them separately for test execution and the need to configure a SUT manually. When running predefined and scheduled test configurations in DAI Eggplant Cloud, the entire execution environment, including Cloud SUTs are allocated automatically on demand and terminated after the tests are complete.
Cloud SUTs can be launched in the following ways:
- When you select the Cloud based SUT option in the Test Configuration tab for running test execution, Cloud SUTs are automatically allocated.
- When you want to author a model or edit your existing snippets, you can manually connect to a Cloud SUT as described below.
When you need to design a model, edit scripts, or simply troubleshoot, you can now use the Eggplant Cloud SUT alongside your local Studio and DAI Agent, providing you select the Design mode in the Manage Execution Environment section of the DAI Agent.
To connect to a cloud SUT:
- Launch the Eggplant DAI Agent. As the Agent starts up, it also launches Eggplant Functional and displays the Connection List with the available SUTs to connect.
- Click the Cloud... button at the bottom of the connection list dialog box. The DAI Cloud SUT dialog box opens.
- Click Connect to launch a new cloud SUT connection.
A new SUT connection with a cloud icon labeled DAI appears in the Eggplant Functional Connection List along with a Chrome browser window, which is a machine running Ubuntu 18.
The first cloud SUT that opens will be called CloudSut1, with each subsequent connection incrementing the numeral at the end of the name, i.e., CloudSut2, CloudSut3 and so on. Cloud SUTs are typically of RDP connection type. The Type column in the Connection List window can be enabled by selecting the Connection menu > Customize Columns > Type option.
After you disconnect a Cloud SUT, it will automatically be removed from the Connection List.