The Models tab is where you manage models within Eggplant DAI. It's also the main repository for all your models. You can search for a specific model or view from the list of existing models, or create a new model from the Modeler UI (also called Eggplant AI UI). The existing models are displayed as tiles and provide quick information such as, whether it has a suite associated, and the group it belongs to. You can also change the suite association for a model by selecting a different suite, if required.
Creating a New Model
Use the Model tab to view existing models and create new models from the Eggplant AI UI.
To build a model in Modeler, follow these steps:
- Click Designer on the left side of the Eggplant DAI screen. The Models tab opens.
- Click the Create New+ button on the top right. The Eggplant AI UI is displayed.
- Create as many new models as you need. The newly created models appear in Models tab.
- Switch to the Eggplant DAI view by clicking the Dashboard button on the toolbar and click the Designer > Models tab. The Models tab displays the newly created model in a tile format along with listing the associated group name for reference.
To open an existing model listed in the Models tab, click Open.
In order to run a model from the Eggplant DAI Runner screen, you must first associate a suite to it. Additionally, always upload any scripts you’ve changed on an Execution Environment before you run the test to avoid your changes from being overwritten.
New Feature: The option to associate suites in the Models tab (Model Hub in 4.0.1) is available from Eggplant DAI 4.1.
To associate a suite to a model:
- In the Models tab, select a model to which you want to associate a suite.
- From the Suite Required section, click Link a suite to run this model. The Edit Model pane opens. Alternatively, you can also open the Edit Model pane from the Actions menu and click Suite Association to select your preferred suite.
- From the Suite Association drop-down list, select the suite you want to associate with the model and click Save.
The newly associated suite appears on the model card on the Models tab. You can also perform this step for modifying your suite association.