Eggplant DAI uses a model-based approach to combine linear directed test automation with automated exploratory testing. It integrates seamlessly with the Eggplant Fusion Engine for both image and object-based test execution. The use of modeling shifts the focus of testing from basic code compliance to the overall user experience by allowing data sets including real user journeys, testing coverage, and past test failures to guide new test creation. This process can be scaled across any organization, by utilizing the Eggplant DAI tools for SUT management, scheduling, and viewing results.
Why Use Eggplant DAI?
As a user, all you need to do to generate tests is build a simple model of the interface that you want to test. Eggplant DAI applies AI reasoning to auto generate the test cases based on your model. Models replicate different states, representing pages or screens that users visit, and the actions users might perform within those states or that move users between states. Eggplant DAI creates the tests from a model of the application you're testing, and integrates with Eggplant Fusion Engine to execute those tests. Creating tests using learning algorithms means that more user journeys can be tested, including those that typically, a human tester would not come up with.
Setting Up Eggplant DAI
If you're new to Eggplant DAI, you must first perform the following steps:
Then, use a workflow that suits you best. For instance, you might build models first, or define a SUT connection and test configuration, and work your way through running scheduled tests:
- Create models in the Modeler
- Create snippets and link them to your models
- Create and manage SUT connections
- Set up test configurations
- Execute tests
- View test results
- Use Designer to perform additional operations
Note: For information on how Eggplant DAI licenses are bundled, see Eggplant DAI Licensing Bundles.
The Eggplant DAI Interface
The following section lists the components available on the left menu of the Eggplant DAI interface:
- Dashboard: View a snapshot of the current testing status of a model. Users can link from here to other parts of the application for more detail.
- Designer: Create and maintain the assets needed for end-to-end testing of your application. You can generate models, scripts, and test cases manually or automatically here, as well as import user journeys based on real user data.
- Controller: Access everything related to running tests, from defining which devices to use, to choosing what to test, to reviewing progress and outcomes of individual executions.
- Insights: For each model, the Insights section presents analysis relating to testing coverage, locations of defects identified in testing, and progress through groups of test cases.
- System: Download server log entries for all the Eggplant DAI services via the Logs tab and view the connection status of services and connected agents on the Status tab.
- Help: Access the Eggplant DAI documentation home page for useful instructions on how to use the Eggplant DAI app.
- Log Out: Log out of Eggplant DAI.