The notes below provide descriptions of the new features and changes introduced with each release of Eggplant DAI. You are strongly encouraged to read about the relevant changes whenever you upgrade from an earlier version.
Potential compatibility issues are highlighted in RED.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows: Windows Server 2016 (recommended for production use), Windows 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.6\7.7
- RAM: 8 GB minimum
- Disk Space: 4 GB minimum
- Processor: 64-bit Intel Core 2.3 GHz or equivalent (4+ cores or 8+ threads recommended)
Release 4.0.1 (17 February 2019)
- Runner enhancements:
- Adds a new in-progress icon if the status of the test configuration is in progress.
- Adds the option to view detailed results of passed, failed, and in-progress test runs along with a donut chart representing the total number of passed, failed, and incomplete runs.
- The Eggplant DAI Installer includes an option that allows Eggplant to collect usage statistics from the users. You can disable this option by clearing the Report usage statistics checkbox (only available if the Run Advanced Install Configuration checkbox is enabled).
- You can now download server logs with a single click in Eggplant DAI.
- Test configurations now resume after suspending or restarting a machine.
- The ping messages on the Agent dialog are displayed as before.
Selecting the Run cleanup after abort option in the Settings dialog doesn't initiate the cleanup script if you abort your test run.
- If you have test configurations running simultaneously with SUTs that are not tied to a specific Execution Environment (agent), you may get an Unable to make a connection to the Agent error. Therefore, it is recommended to separate your test configurations by at least one minute, or use SUTs tied to specific Execution Environments.
Release 4.0 (20 December 2019)
This is the first release of Eggplant DAI.
- Schedule and track test executions through the Runner tab.
- Create and execute Test Configurations that combine directed test cases with exploratory testing.
- Limit exploratory testing by duration, number of iterations, or a coverage target so that tests run until one of these conditions is met.
- Configure and reserve systems under test (SUTs) for testing.
- SUT connections don't disconnect after task execution. This can cause problems for users with RDP configurations. To work around this issue, either manually disconnect from the Connection List before the next test run, or add a disconnect snippet to your model.
- The agent isn't receiving ping messages from the server.