Injectors are physical or virtual machines that execute your tests. The injector software is installed with Eggplant Performance by default. However, in many cases, you will need to install additional injectors separately on other machines.
Injectors do not require a license to operate.
For an explanation of how injectors work, including the localhost injector that runs on the Test Controller machine where you run Eggplant Performance Studio, see Managing Injectors.
Minimum System Requirements for an Injector Installation
The machine resources required for an Eggplant Performance load injector are dependent on the VU types, test scripts, and other variables.
The following system requirements support up to 1,000 Web VUs:
- 2 GHz multi-core processor
- 4 GB RAM
- For a standalone injector
- 2 MB of additional space is required for running tests, as the engines and various libraries are transmitted to the injector at run-time
- For injectors installed along with Eggplant Performance Studio (Windows only)
- 150 MB of disk space on the installation drive.
- For Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- 1 GB of additional disk space. Only install OCR if you are going to use it.
You must also have disk space available for recordings and test run data. This data can range from a few kilobytes to many gigabytes, depending on:
- The test run options selected
- The level of logging
- The duration of your test runs
- The number of simulated VUs.
Virtual User Support
You can use Microsoft Windows and Linux machines to run injectors, but the types of VUs they can execute are restricted.
|Supported VUs||All||Java (excl. Java Web), eggPlant Functional, Selenium|
|JRE/JDK||Included in installation||Required. Installed by user|
|.NET Platform||Required. Installed by user||N/A|
Web Java and .NET based Virtual Users (Web C#, Citrix, and WinDriver)
These VUs can run only on Microsoft Windows platforms. For C# VUs, the full .NET Framework 4.5 must be present.
Java (non-Web) Virtual Users
On Windows or Linux injectors, no additional prerequisites are needed, as 32-bit Java JRE version 11 is installed with the product.
64-bit Java is not supported for Java Web Virtual User execution but can be used for other Java Virtual User types.
The injector installation process is simple, but different on each of the supported platforms: